Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tuesday Shoesday

One Shoe - Two Ways!

Sistah sistah!

Seeing Michelle and I wearing these identical Dolce Vita oxfords, you may think, they must have picked them up on the same shopping trip together. Uh-hohhh if only it were that easy. The journey began when we spotted these pebble-printed brogues at a  Santa Monica TJ Maxx back in August. We had split up only to reunite in the shoe aisle in love with the same shoe! As a teacher, Michelle thought they would be perfect to liven up her work outfits, and I just plain thought they were cute. Plus, they're this-season and TJ Maxx was selling them for half price for some reason! 

Bummer of all bummers, though, they didn't have Michelle's size. Feeling so guilty that they did have my size, I spent 20 minutes with the customer service guy, making him call every Los Angeles and Sacramento location to track down these pink-soled babies for my sister. No luck anywhere, so we both left empty-handed. Cut to one month ago when I was having a tough week, Michelle surprised me with these shoes! She'd been able to track them down at a TJ Maxx in a far-reaching suburb of Sacramento in both of our sizes. Shoe miracles do happen!

This is a weird vogueing-for-each-other thing we do. It doesn't always work.

On Michelle: denim shirt and jeans: thrifted // purse: UO // bracelets: J. Crew // shoes: "Mini" DV by Dolce Vita.

On me: tank: Funktional // shorts: Anthropologie // belt: Nasty Gal //shoes: "Mini Oxford" DV by Dolce Vita // sunglasses: UO // bracelet: Low Luv x Erin Wasson.

1 comment:

  1. Dolce Vita shoes NEVER fit me. I'm jealous. -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete