Monday, October 1, 2012

October Blooming

Dress: Motel, denim vest: LF, boots: Forever 21, purse: Scout Living, earrings: Heart Boutique, ring: Forever 21, Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in "Covet."

This morning I played a game of bedhead roulette, meaning when I unraveled my bun, I didn't know if I would be faced with a crimpy jumble of tangles (which is most often the case) or pleasantly messy waves. For once, it was the latter! Yesss.

The mugginess allowed me to throw on a mini dress, a spring-worthy mini dress at that! Well seasons, if you're going to mess with me, then I refuse to wear season-appropriate attire. Ha.

And now a sock story... What's that? You've never heard of a sock story? They're only the best kind of anecdotes! Gather round and listen closely... The last time I wore these socks was, full disclosure, six years ago. I know, it's gross that I've kept them this long. But I only wore them once, and I thought they were quirky and cute enough to hang onto. The reason I never wear them might have something to do with the fact that when I was wearing them six years ago, I got fashion bullied! A drive-by fashion bullying at that. The emotional scar has branded the outfit onto my brain so I can recount the exact ensemble: a fuzzy pink 90's style sweater, a black and white houndstooth mini skirt, some funky white earrings, black pointy flats, and these precious pink bow socks. Suffice it to say, I was in a Gwen Stefani/Harajuku Lovers phase. Anyway, I was walking through my community college parking lot when an SUV screeched by and the driver yelled, "What the f*** are you wearing?!" Then she threw a slushie on me. Okay, that last part is obviously from Glee and didn't actually happen to me, but you get the level of humiliation. Fashion bullying aside, I'm going to stand by that outfit. It may have been a little wacky for school, but it was cute, damnit. Taking chances with clothes doesn't always pan out, but it feels great when it does! Wow, that sock story had a moral and everything!

To complement said legendary bow socks, I wore this awesomely tacky, blinged-out bow ring from Forever 21. Gaudy accessories can (and should) be fun. 

So there you have it, y'all. I didn't wash my hair today and I'm wearing six-year-old socks. I'm gross. :)

 How about you guys? Any embarrassing fashion moments to share?



I put stripes of sparkly nail polish over my nude polish! Learn how here.


No comments:

Post a Comment