Sunday, September 30, 2012

Turqoise Rising

Tunic: Skyla, ruffled vest: H&M, knit shorts underneath: LF, belt: LF, sandals: Sam Edelman, earrings: Urban Outfitters, ear cuff: Something Borrowed, Urban Decay eyeliner in "Electric."

Aaand we're still going with the 100 degree temperatures! This is nuts. Although I really don't mind; now that I've moved back home to Sacramento where it actually gets cold in winter, the extended summer is completely welcome in my book. Okay, enough about the dang weather.

This vest has been waiting patiently in my closet since I got it from H&M last year. I just haven't known what to do with it! It's one of my favorite colors -- blush -- and it's pretty enough, but it has a tendency to look fussy, and no one likes that. But lately I've found that if I put just a little more time into the getting dressed process, i.e. jumping in and out of different combinations to see what works, I'm more likely to find use for things that usually get overlooked. Go figure, right? But sometimes it's important to be reminded of the basics.

I like how these colors work together to reflect a desert motif - the rust, turquoise, and pink sand create a sort of sunset/oasis effect. What are your favorite color combinations?






1 comment:

  1. I'm a fan of navy and yellow, and combinations of warm colors (i.e. pink and orange and yellow). Black and tan is always a classic go-to for me as well. Maybe there's some turquoise in my future, though.

    ReplyDelete