Thursday, October 11, 2012

Mocha and Pumpkin and Sage Oh My!

Sweater: H&M // pants: Madewell // shoes: All Black // necklace: Nasty Gal // ring: Nasty Gal // earrings: Urban Outfitters // purse: Scout Living.

Can you imagine actually tasting mocha and pumpkin and sage all mixed together? Yuck, but I do like how they work together as colors! 

We had chilly fall weather today, which prompted me to unzip the storage bag of winter clothes underneath my bed. In it was this pumpkin v-neck which I paired with these skinny pleated pants that I usually reserve for interviews. I mean come on, they have pleats. But I figured they deserved a chance to prove themselves everyday-worthy and, worn with laid-back crimpy hair and shimmery amber eye makeup, I think they made the cut.

I wore it to a dinner party at a house in Old Fair Oaks the hosts had renovated with whimsical touches, transforming it into a playhouse for adults. There was a canvas tent and hammock set-up fit for the set of Moonrise Kingdom (they're planning on adding a treehouse in the mix), a guest house with a movie projector, a bocce ball court (I swear I've played more bocce ball in the last 4 months than I have in my whole life), all topped off with classy Halloween decorations, which is a particularly challenging type of classiness to achieve!

For lunch we stopped into The Sunflower, a quaint vegetarian haven in Sacramento, where I chowed down on their super nutburger. Yep, nutburger. I hear it, and I don't care. :) I think it's one of the best vegetarian meals in this city!




Chocolate and Bronze Bonanza -- Clinique Rum Spice, Mac Amber Lights, Deborah Lippman No More Drama, Loreal Nature's Blush lipstick, Lucky 24/7 Urban Decay eyeliner, Bourbon 24/7 Urban Decay eyeliner.



No comments:

Post a Comment