Thursday, October 25, 2012

All That Glitters is Gold

Shirt: Forever 21 // leggings: LF // heels: Sam Edelman // purse: Scout Living // earrings: Urban Outfitters // ring: Nasty Gal // Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in "Electric" // Valerie Beverly Hills "Vixen Lipstix"

Last night I tried my hand at soft, old Hollywood waves in the style of Veronica Lake, and used this tutorial to walk me through it. I loved the feminine, bouncy feel of the 'do and if I could master the process in a shorter amount of time, I'd rock it all the time!

This gold-dotted button-up is perfect for the holidays, since metallics are always festive, but I'm also looking forward to wearing it more casually by pairing it with sweaters with the collar peeking out or tucking it into high waisted shorts.

I wore this outfit to the new midtown restaurant, Hook & Ladder, which finally allows me to answer in the affirmative when asked for the 10th time, "Have you been to Hook and Ladder yet?!" I overstuffed myself with shrimp pizza and eggplant babaganoush and struggled to hold a conversation over the hoots and hollers from Giants fans (I wish I cared! I always feel like I'm missing out during the World Series. That's what's going on....right?). Ah well, glancing at the TV every once and a while and feigning shock and awe with the others suits me just fine. :)









2 comments:

  1. You don't care about the Giants? I did NOT just hear that.... Cute hair. -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. babesicle! you're loyal reader is back! You are my style icon! seriously that hair, those eyes, that eyeliner, inspiration. Thats the definition of style icon, inspiring the stylish in me.
    Miss you lady! hope there is mulled wine and sweets in our future ov'r the holidays!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete