Sunday, December 2, 2012

It's All GOOD

Artist Danny Scheible crafted this center piece using masking tape and clothes hangers.

On Saturday I attended GOOD: Holiday Edition to shop and nibble my way around the local vendors and food trucks. The original GOOD: Street Food + Design Market was a monthly happening that spanned from June through November and was so successful that the organizers, Unseen Heroes, decided to succumb to the holiday demand and throw a special holiday version. 

I'm glad they did, because this one offered a hot toddy demonstration, new vendors, and tape artist Danny Scheible was available to talk about his unique tape cities which were recently featured at the California Museum.

Two of my favorite booths were there -- vintage clothing and jewelry hub Something Borrowed and Sacramento's trendy boutique, Heart. Something Borrowed's owner, Amy Sieffert was wearing a sparkly gold top, red lipstick, and a smile as she helped shoppers find the perfect vintage piece. Heart had an amazing assortment of spike rings and bangles as well as the hat I'm wearing below! Owner Vanessa Lopez was so nice to let me wear it for this outfit post. Now that I've tried it on, I kind of need it in my life. I love the extra Pamela Love vibe it gave my outfit.

One thing I did get however (that I actually need) was a camera strap from King's Tribe Clothing. I like the unique, homemade feel of it. It's sparkly blue with pink accents. I didn't get a picture of it, but some of their other clothing is pictured below.

For more on GOOD, check out the article I wrote about it for Sacramento Press.


Sweatshirt: Cuffs // Hat: Heart Boutique // cords: Alexa Chung for Madewell // boots: Steve Madden //purse: Reform School // earrings: gift // ring: NastyGal




Amy Sieffert of Something Borrowed had prime real estate up front.

Something Borrowed's delicate crystal jewelry.

Of course Heart owner Vanessa Lopez uses leopard tissue paper. :)

Andrew Calisterio giving a hot toddy demonstration.

I want this!! Although am I over-thinking it or is there a cruel vibe about it?


Tape artist Danny Scheible wearing one of his creations.

California girl sweatshirt (at least that's what I think it should be called) by King's Tribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment