Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Tangerine Dream and a Peanut Butter Cookie

Tangerine Dream


Recently I've been into playing with colors in different ways. I think part of it is that the color wheel has been trending lately as a means to plot out the color scheme for one's outfit. My current favorite color combination is one that uses two or three colors directly next to each other on the color wheel, i.e. the same shade of color in various gradients (like the water melon and light creamy coral pictured above).

The outfit below is a sorry example of the aforementioned color combining technique since I thought of collaging my love for the combo after the fact, but there's a tiny element of it in this outfit that I threw on for lunch today. Humor me!

Top: Emma and Sam, shorts: Car Mar, sandals: Sam Edelman, bracelets: Urban Outfitters, clutch: Scout Living, nails: OPI Mod-ern Girl.



I went to Magpie for lunch and sealed it all off with a vegan peanut butter whoopie pie. Super noms.

P.S. I scored Tina Fey's Bossy Pants for half price today at Beer's Books! I've been meaning to buy it ever since I found myself laughing out loud as I browsed through it in bookstore earlier this year. Isn't the cover genius?

No comments:

Post a Comment